Saturday, May 02, 2009

Not Voting for Bloomberg

Recently a caller to my home introduced themselves as an employee of the Michael Bloomberg mayoral campaign and asked for my vote.

I said, "I will not be voting for Bloomberg because he allowed the Republicans to have their disgraceful convention in this city in the year 2004, an act for which he can never be forgiven."

"Oh, I see. Do you have anything else to tell me?"

"Just that I will not be voting for Bloomberg because he allowed the Republicans to have their disgraceful convention in this city in the year 2004, an act for which he can never be forgiven."

"Thank you, I've made a note of that."

A minute later, the phone rang again. It was the same person, looking this time for my wife.

I said, "She won't be voting for Bloomberg either, because he allowed the Republicans to have their disgraceful convention in this city in the year 2004, an act for which he can never be forgiven."

"Is that her opinion too?"

"No one in this house will be voting for Bloomberg--because he allowed the Republicans to have their disgraceful convention in this city in the year 2004, an act for which he can never be forgiven."

Besides the above, there are two other reasons why I am not voting for Bloomberg:

1. Ground Zero is a hole in the ground--and no hopeful signs that it won't be any time soon.

2. He ought to have supported an aggressive plan to crack down on the Wall Street barons who robbed this country during its period of crackpot Republicanism, yet did not.

Mainly though, it's because of the 2004 convention--an act for which Mayor Bloomberg can never be forgiven.

--Renaissance